Sunday, March 16, 2014

just a few masterpieces

Jimmy is a pretty good artist these days.
He wanted to draw a picture or Nora and spent quite some time on his masterpiece.
I sat with him through most of it since I was holding up his model.  I made a few suggestions about which parts to start with and do next, but it was all his own work.  I was so impressed.  I may even frame it.  One thing is for sure this one is going in the save pile...
 Another time he wanted to draw a picture from his Book the Dragon and the Knight by Tomie dePaola.  I helped him make a piece of paper exactly the same size as the page and we put them next to each other (he didn't trace a bit!).  This one took a few days.  He got frustrated along the way, but I helped him through it.  He was so proud of this one that he hung it up in his room.  I don't want to part with it, but part of me really wants to send it to the author.  Maybe a copy will suffice.
This last one just made me happy.  Around Christmas he went off by himself and did this one and then gave it to me because "You love Mary so much, Mom."  What a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment