Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2013 pumpkins

We were total slackers on the pumpkins this year.  With all the costume making we just never made it a priority and were rushing to get it done after dinner the night before Halloween which was a school night.  We got two cleared out and one carved.  I attempted to trace Nora's hands and feet onto one in the shape of a face because I had seen it on Pinterest, but then our little carving tools kept breaking and it was impossible to cut with a kitchen knife.  I didn't bother to take any pictures of it and it got thrown in the compost a few days later when Zach dupped it "Babies First Failed Project."
The boys had painted one pumpkin but we had to let it dry so I let them decorate it with a dinosaur kit I got post-Halloween last year. 
We managed to get in our traditional pictures with the one completed pumpkin.
 I even got to be in one this time.

1 comment:

  1. I love the annual scary jack'o'lantern pics. Zach does look scarier than you though

    ReplyDelete