Saturday, February 6, 2010

new little kitchen

How excited was I when I saw this little kitchen in the back of my neighbors truck on its way to Goodwill and he told me I could have it! Jimmy freaking loves to play food (or as he says, "Let's Make!), but I was not about to drop the dough for one of these things. I think this one is from Costco, but it is pretty much exactly what I would have picked out if I went and bought it myself. It is slightly water damaged on the very bottom and I had to glue a leg back on, but it was FREE! Why does that give me so much joy? I really am a cheapo, but I think I was undeniably lucky on this one.
Jimmy of course loves it. He was in his carseat when Zach and I loaded it into the back of our car and all of a sudden he was convulsing to get out and saying, "I want to see it! I want to see it!" (I hadn't told him what we were picking up yet). Then when we unloaded into onto our carport and I let the desperate kid out of his carseat, his face filled with pure joy and he said, "Let's play with it!" Then every now and then for the next week, he would say, "Mama, I love my new kitchen." He was an ever appreciative little guy and he plays with it everyday. I think the kids might even turn out to be a chef.

Calling Nana probably.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you got that for free!! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you were able to get that for free! I don't even know you and I am soooo happy for you!

    I was looking for a kitchen for my daughter and that one was in the running. I ended up with something a little cheaper but made by the same company (KidKraft).

    ReplyDelete